Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Inner Voice - "Hit the Snooze Button Again... And Again"

In my previous posting, I mentioned that today I would describe my activities from the last weekend. I also mentioned that I would discuss the "inner voice", well, the same inner voice that I wish to describe kept telling me to go to sleep early last night so I could get a fresh start today. Early this morning, the same but louder voice kept saying "hit the snooze... hit the snoozzzzzzz". Now that I find myself in a hurry to post something to keep this blog fresh, I give you the last of my Vegas/Grand Canyon photos.

My sister and I had rented a 2005 Mustang for the trip. Here I am meeting Arizona's finest. I was caught on radar doing 93 MPH in a 65. I say Arizona's finest because he let me off with a stern warning. Cookie - be warned, that car can move!

During the troopers advisement that he could have impounded my rental car, thrown me in jail, and had the jailers perform a full cavity search, Katherina meandered off to meet the locals. One very nice local, who took great interest in my sister, was the below gentlemen. Immediately following my reprieve, I joined the tail end of their conversation. Actually, it was a one sided conversation where she was just fake smiling and nodding (to be polite) while he rambled on about his past lives as a cowboy, a gold miner, a confederate soldier, and in one other life he thought he was a famous vaudeville performer. Again, a very nice gentlemen, who frightened us VERY MUCH!
We were having such a great time driving accross a barren desert, we did not even consider stopping for gas or water! Let the good times roll. By the grace of god, on mere fumes (sputter... sputter... sputter...) we made it to a gas station. Adjacent to the gas station was a RV park which surprisingly for this particular locale was empty. However, the photo opportunities were way to good to pass up. This is why I love Kat so much, she really can appreciate a good joke.
To me, this photo represents individual achievement/failure. This is a kin to Chris Farley on Saturday Night Live, "I live a trailer, down by the river".
Hungry? Try the Road Kill Restaurant, where nothing goes to waste.
We are in the friggin desert! Parking is at a premium?

I just liked this old school billboard. This is a taste of Americana.
I leave you with this final shot of me. At the time of the photo, I was standing beside one of the great wonders of the world, and I believe I was thinking "Did I leave the iron on?"


DcLc

12 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

Memo to Self: I really must see The Grand Canyon someday.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Stef said...

I agree, I really do need to see the Grand Canyon. That's some beautiful country out there -- I've been to Sedona, AZ, which is gorgeous. Looks like you and your sister had fun!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Sharkbait said...

Looks like it was a blast. I love the signs!

I too have never been to the Canyon-looks more beautiful than I can imagine...

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger DCLastCall said...

Cube - You had better visit it quick. I heard that developers have bought the canyon and will be back filling it to make room for new condos.

Stef - We had a blast. We always do.

SB - The photos cheats you of entire package; the colors, the depth, and the strange man watching my sister very intently.

DcLc

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

How much fun! Your sister seems like a blast to hang out with. I wish I could have toured more of the desert, but I was feeling carless and cheap while I was there. Great photos~

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger KOB said...

Great story -- great photos

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger DCdramaGrrls said...

I've done this I-66 drive to Vegas 3 times. I think it should be mandatory American History hands-on experience. Youre inspiring me to pull out the old pics. good times!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger DCLastCall said...

Playful - The bright side is that you had a blast in Vegas! Yeah baby, VEGAS!

Kob - Thanks.

DDG - Please do pull/post some photos of places you have been. Its always neat to see new sites.

DcLc

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger DC Cookie said...

Oh trust me, I've had Scarlet moving pretty quickly. Even raced down the highway with a hottie in a GT. He won.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, your sister is hot.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

Congrats on your feature in DC Blogs.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger DCLastCall said...

Cookie - Scarlet and you must have let him win... its good for his ego.

Anon - She appreciated the compliment.

Cube - Thank you for tipping off KOB. Greatly appreciated.

DcLc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home